Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania



                                       


Hi everyone, and thanks for visiting my blog!  My name is Nina, and I'm a Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar for the 2011-2012 year to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania!




I'm a recent graduate from the University of Pittsburgh with a B.Phil in International & Area Studies, a B.A. in African History, and a certificate in Nonprofit Management.  I studied French and Swahili as an undergraduate, and I can't wait to improve my Swahili language skills next year!

I'm going to be studying at the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) in the Institute of Development Studies.  I'm interested in international development education, refugee and emergency education, and health education.

I'm planning on leaving from the U.S. in late September to begin my academic year at UDSM, which begins in mid-October.  Starting then, I'm going to post my pictures, adventures, and mundane daily stories on this blog for family, friends, and other Rotarians to follow.

So look for updates to start around October.  Until then, here are some preview photos!


Dar es Salaam is the biggest city in Tanzania, and very diverse! 

                                 

I'm hoping to do a lot of traveling next year... especially to Zanzibar Island 
(only a 15-minute plane ride away!)
This was a Zanzibar Island that I visited on my last trip.



Another great thing about Tanzania is how close it is to so many other countries!
Here I am at the border of Tanzania and Rwanda.



Lastly (and most importantly) Tanzania will be a great place to make new friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment